You are a global marketing team responsible for reviewing and approving content across multiple time zones. What would be your content approval process?
To and fro emails, documents, and feedback iterations.
And why not?
After all, you want high-quality content that adheres to regulations and voices your brand appropriately.
This results in:
- Time delays
- Version control issues
- Reduced collaboration efficiency
According to a Workfront and Brand Republic survey, 58% of marketing decision-makers go through 5 or more rounds of project reviews, with 14% enduring ten or more. If you need so many rounds for approval, the issue probably isn’t the content.
So, what must be an ideal content approval process?
Probably, you may say:
- Quick reviews
- Maintain document versions
- Less or no human intervention
And that’s right! If your content approval process slogs between 5-8 days, then you must improve your content approval process workflow.
Here enters AI!
AI helps to accelerate your content approval process through automation, data analytics, and intelligent workflows. With AI-driven content approval systems, you can:
- Automate repetitive tasks like document routing, reminders, and basic reviews, freeing up time for human reviewers.
- Predict which content might require closer review, helping prioritize tasks and resources.
- Simplify collaboration, keep versions in check, and provide a clear audit trail.
- Analyze feedback data to uncover trends and insights that improve content quality.
So, how can you implement AI in your workflow and streamline your content approval processes?
- Identify bottlenecks in your existing content approval process.
- Choose AI-driven content management tools that suit your organization’s needs.
- Connect your content sources and systems with the AI platform for data retrieval.
- Implement AI workflows that automate routine tasks and facilitate seamless collaboration.
- Use AI analytics to provide insights and improve the approval process.
- Train your team in AI-driven processes and continuously monitor and optimize the system.
Let’s drill down these steps into detail.
Step –1: You are a small to mid-sized marketing agency in the U.S. You identified that your content approval process takes too long due to multiple review cycles and frequent delays. This delay is further hindering your content marketing strategy.
So, basically, you have already identified your bottleneck. Once you know your pain points, explore AI-powered content management tools like Monday.com or Trello to automate task assignment and content routing.
Step –2: Integrate your content sources, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or SharePoint, with your selected AI tool for seamless data retrieval.
|Here are some steps to integrate content sources in your AI tool.
Step 3: Set up workflows within your chosen tool. For instance, on Monday.com, create a workflow template for content review and approval.
Now, you have a visual, user-friendly workflow. Your team can easily see what needs to be done, who’s responsible, and deadlines. It’s like an advanced to-do list that keeps everyone on the same page, even if you’re not tech-savvy.
The example below shows how you can set up workflow automation on Monday.com.
Step –4: Leverage AI analytics from tools like Tableau or Power BI to gain insights into content performance and identify bottlenecks.
Step –5: Train your team to effectively use the AI-driven system. Provide tutorials and resources on interpreting AI-generated insights.
Step –6: Continuously monitor the AI system’s performance. If bottlenecks persist, modify workflows and rules within your tool.
To summarize, streamlining content approval with AI involves identifying bottlenecks, selecting the right AI-driven tools, connecting content sources, implementing AI workflows, utilizing AI analytics, training your team, and continuously optimizing the process. By using AI, you can automate tasks, reduce manual intervention, and enhance the efficiency of your content approval process. So, get started today!