In our earlier blogs, we discussed how you could enable remote working for your staff using a VPN and how you can secure your data using Windows Active Directory. While you work remotely using VPN, there are specific external dependencies failing which the entire option becomes infeasible and can hamper your work completely. For example, your employees’ workstations should be up and running in your office, ADRMS server should be up and running and someone needs to be physically available to manage the emergencies such as accidental shut-down of your office workstations or server. In this blog, we will discuss how cloud technology offers a viable solution for businesses to enable a remote working environment. Cloud Technology allows you to connect all your employees virtually into a single network.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing is the on-demand availability of computing power and data storage without direct active management by the user. This availability without the user management dependency gives cloud technology the ability to enable remote working efficiently. Cloud Computing comes with its set of benefits, including any time, anywhere data access, real-time collaboration and effective communication, robust information security and reliable data retrieval through efficient back-up and disaster recovery strategies.
Cloud concept is based on virtualization, which is a process that allows more efficient utilization of physical computer hardware. It enables the creation of virtual machines, which are virtual representations of a physical computer.
How can Cloud Technology help WFH?
- Flexibility to work from anywhereCloud platform facilitates anytime anywhere access without the prerequisite of the presence of necessary software on their workstations. A cloud platform can help to achieve everything through cloud-supported apps, whether to draft a document or develop a program. Employees can access and work on the documents and files with the cloud platform from the comfort of their homes. Thus, it enables your staff to stay productive and efficient even when they are away from the office by providing them with all the information and the environment they need to work.
- Seamless CollaborationIt’s needless to say that collaboration is imperative for a successful business outcome and it’s all the more necessary when the team is geographically dispersed, such as a remote working situation. With cloud technology, multiple team members can simultaneously work on the same document and save changes, share information, chat, call and even have a video conference to discuss and concur with each other on different viewpoints and issues to derive efficient solutions.
- SecuredOnline security is a significant risk for any organization and with employees working outside the safety net of office premises, there should be reliability regarding the security of enterprise data and information. Cloud computing offers robust security to protect organizations’ data. Additionally, with cloud, user permissions can be granted or revoked remotely, making it convenient to assign rights to an individual or group of users anytime and anywhere.
- Reliability and Disaster RecoveryThe software saves and backs up your files continuously in the cloud. Thus, the data is safe and can be reliably retrieved when needed. It offers businesses quick data recovery in all types of emergency scenarios, from natural disasters to power outages. Also, most of the renowned cloud software guarantee high availability, which assures businesses that their operations will continue without disruption.
- Scalable and Cost-effectiveWith most of the reputed cloud providers, you have to pay for what cloud services you are using. You can also increase or decrease the number of users with a few clicks, which offers excellent convenience to businesses.
A cloud schedular can help you automate practically any task including, batch, big data jobs, cloud infrastructure operations and more. You can also configure it to retry in case of failure that can save manual toil and intervention significantly. Most importantly, with the scheduler, you can also automate the time for services to run, which can result in significant cost savings.
With its inherent features, cloud technology enables hassle-free and cost-efficient remote working. The next step is to identify and select a cloud provider. In our upcoming blogs, we will discuss the comparison between the leading cloud providers and how you can decide the best fit for your business.